TRIP CANCELLATION & TRAVEL INSURANCE PROGRAM
When you book your stay at Pelican Peak Villa, consider adding more assurance to your travel plans. You have the option to choose from a variety of protection plans, including Traditional policies and the flexible Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) coverage. Opting for trip cancellation insurance helps to ensure that your journey is safeguarded against unforeseen events.
Travel Protection and Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) are offered by Play Travel Protection (dba of Sandhills Insurance Group) via the RentalGuardian.com software distribution platform.
Please note that the travel insurance offer is a contract between you, the guest, and the insurance company. Pelican Peak Villa simply facilitates the purchase for your convenience. Pelican Peak does not participate in processing, approving, or managing claims. In the event of a claim, the insurance company does not transfer funds to us.
Types of Travel Insurance
You can select from two travel insurance options:
- Traditional Travel Insurance: This program covers risks associated with planned travel, offering reimbursement for the booking cost if a covered event necessitates trip cancellation. Additionally, proportional reimbursement is provided for delays or interruptions caused by covered events, such as hospitalization, a close family member's death, unforeseen hurricanes, or mandatory evacuations. This insurance is available to residents of all US states and Canadian provinces, excluding Quebec. Click for Covered reasons
See the sample certificate and policy for detailed information.
- Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) Protection: As the name suggests, CFAR provides compensation if you cancel your trip for any reason, even those not covered in the standard policy. However, it only pays out 60% of the costs for non-covered reasons. CFAR is available only to residents of the United States and Canada, excluding New York, Washington, and Quebec. Claims under CFAR must be filed at least 48 hours before the scheduled trip departure.
Refer to the CFAR policy for more details.
Cancellation and Interruption Insurance plan will cost anywhere from 4% to 10% of your total pre-paid, non-refundable trip cost.
Payment and Processing
Travel insurance costs are separate from your reservation booking costs and are not processed through Pelican Peak's merchant account. Your billing information is securely transferred to the insurance carrier for direct processing and payment collection.
Important Notes for Pelican Peak Guest
- Travel insurance is automatically offered to guests booking directly through Pelican Peak's website.
- Insurance Purchase timing varies:
- At the time of initial booking.
- Anytime, provided it's 30 days or more before the check-in date.
- At the time of booking or within 5 days thereafter, if the check-in date is less than 30 days away.
- CFAR cannot be purchased less than 30 days before the check-in date.
- Eligibility depends on your residence and destination. Ineligible locations or destinations prohibit purchase.
Insurance Contact and Policy Details
For assistance, reach out to the RentalGuardian Support Team at 888.885.5550 x 2 or email@example.com.
- Overview of insurance program
- Covered reasons
- Schedule of benefits
- Sample certificate of coverage for traditional insurance (policy details)
- Sample certificate of coverage for CFAR insurance (policy details)
Disclaimer and Contact Information
Pelican Peak is not an insurance agent and holds no legal responsibility or liability regarding travel insurance claims. For claim-related inquiries, contact the insurance provider directly using the information on your policy.
Travel Insurance and CFAR protection Products for US residents are offered by InsureStays (dba of Sandhills Insurance Group), via the RentalGuardian.com software distribution platform.
RentalGuardian is a unique online software service provider, specializing in the needs of property managers, with state-of-the-art features including fully integrated, scalable API; multi-underwriter support tools; unique online claim wizard for simplified claims administration; and superior document delivery and administrative functionality.
RentalGuardian.com as an online service/support distribution platform is not a licensed insurance agency, nor does it represent or sell insurance. This presentation is not intended to be an offer to solicit or sell RentalGuardian.com Recommended Platform Provider insurance programs in any jurisdiction where a RentalGuardian.com Recommended Platform Provider or their Underwriter(s) are not authorized or where such action would be unlawful.
Travel Protection Products offered by InsureStays and its authorized travel retailers for US residents are Underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Companies and Affiliated Companies, Columbus, OH.
Play Travel Protection is underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Companies and Affiliated Companies, Columbus, OH. Play Travel Protection is distributed exclusively through the InsureStays network of agents, agencies, and authorized travel retailers. See www.InsureStays.com.
InsureStays is a dba of Sandhills Insurance Group, LLC, a limited liability company organized under the laws of South Carolina, a licensed insurance producer in all states (NPN 16269113, California License No. 0M14453, TX License No. 2194106 and 2205876); dba in California InsureStays Insurance Agency; dba in Florida InsureStays Agency. This retailer is an authorized travel retailer and referral provider of Sandhills Insurance Group LLC, dba in California InsureStays Insurance Agency and dba in various states InsureStays and InsureStays Agency; mailing address is PO Box 4443, Pawleys Island, SC 29585. Phone is (843) 286-5144. Visit www.insurestays.com for more information.
Play Travel Canada travel protection is underwritten by Northbridge General Insurance Corporation, PO Box 337 Station A, WIndsor, Ontario N9A 6K7 and offered by CanAm Special Risk Insurance Agency (2018) Limited PO Box 62, Station A Windsor, Ontario N9A 6J5.